|Position Title:||Business Analyst|
|Position reports to:||President, PPEM|
|Status:||Employment At Will|
|Date JD Developed:||January 2021|
Under general direction, the Business Analyst performs a wide variety of highly responsible, complex, and often sensitive and confidential office administrative and support functions to the office of the President. In so doing, the incumbent actively supports the President in his/her execution of the responsibilities of the President’s Office. The incumbent also takes full responsibility for the administrative arrangements pertaining to the design, planning and execution of events involving the Board of Directors and shareholders.
The Business Analyst is responsible for providing all the administrative and support functions to the President’s Office. This requires the incumbent to interface with members of the Board of Directors, North American Leadership Team, other executives within PPGPL subsidiaries and various federal agencies. This requires an understanding of Phoenix Park Energy Marketing LLC (PPEM) operations, department procedures and precedents, organizational protocols, and corporate networks. These functions must be performed in a highly confidential and sensitive manner consistent with the principles upon which the President’s Office functions.
Individual’s Safety Responsibility:
It is the responsibility of each employee to protect oneself as well as fellow workers from injury. Work shall be conducted according to established safe practices and procedures. Please refer to PPEM’s Safety Manual. Additionally, the President’s Office is the organisational champion for the pursuit of excellence on safety leadership.
Nature & Scope
The Business Analyst is assigned to a major organizational unit reporting to the President, PPEM. The incumbent performs a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative duties assisting the President in the research, analysis, management reporting, and implementation and monitoring of programs and/or activities that the President will assign, and which has a material company-wide impact. The position also ensures a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment which reflects company values and supports achieving the department’s missions, goals and objectives. The position also provides support to the President’s office and the HR Department under the provision of the Shared Services agreement.
The job usually requires considerable interaction with external stakeholders, including foreign diplomats, members of the Board of Directors, North American Leadership Team, other executives within PPGPL subsidiaries and various federal agencies. These responsibilities are expected to be performed with a considerable degree of independent accountability, technical and administrative work in support of the PPEM’s President’s Office.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support for the President’s Office, including document management, managing correspondence, clerical duties, and general office management.
2. Provide the interface between the President’s Office and all the internal and external interfaces with whom the President interacts with on a regular basis.
3. Conducts preliminary evaluations of proposals, feasibility studies, forecasts, and other strategic initiatives for the President's review.
4. Drafts and/or reviews technical documents and undertakes other preparatory work for presentations to internal and external audiences, e.g. the Board, Federal Agencies, business-interest groups, and media bodies.
5. Co-ordinates and tracks follow-up actions for meetings, to facilitate timely completion as requested.
6. Advises on economic and management trends to support operational effectiveness, as necessary.
7. Maintains current, accurate business intelligence on suppliers, consumers, competitors, and other major players in the local and international energy industry, for use in strategic reviews.
8. Undertakes research on economic, financial, and other operational matters and prepares related reports/presentations, as requested.
9. Participates in internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and provides timely feedback to the President, as required.
10. Accompanies the President at local and international meetings and conferences, to provide technical support, as required.
11. Seeks input from the Leadership Team on matters requiring follow up action for the President and proactively manages systems that track the progress of such matters in accordance with set schedules and timelines.
12. Designs, plans, and executes events specific to the Board of Directors. This involves initial conceptualization, research, design, planning, logistics and execution. These events are executed in a manner that facilitates the building of relationships among Board members and which enhances the image of PPEM with the Board.
13. Executes specific CSR initiatives
14. Participation on all the culture transformation teams, while acting as the liaison between the North American Leadership Team and the culture teams.
15. Assist in maintaining and updating all files and records pertaining to employee information.
16. Assist in administering health benefits, workers compensation claims and 401(k) and RRSP (USA and Canada). Provide support in answering benefit questions, acts as the liaison between employees and insurance providers to resolve problems and clarify benefits. Assists with annual benefit renewals, including the negotiations and necessary enrollment procedures. Works closely with the Accounts Assistant – Payroll to administer payroll changes on a bi-monthly basis.
17. Assists in maintaining training and career development plans, files and reports for the Training and Career Development program. Assists in maintaining coaching and personal development plans and documentation for performance issues to support the Performance Management program.
18. Provide support for Recruitment and Selection; assists HR to develop job descriptions and job postings as needed. Assists in conducting new employee orientation, ensuring all necessary forms and documents are completed, returned, and filed.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Social Sciences, or related discipline
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
• 3- 5 years of related work experience.
• Experience within the NGL supply business will be an asset
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
• Strong business management skills
• Strong technology orientation
• Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret data; analyse and solve problems; learn and apply new information.
• Perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions; meet intensive and changing deadlines
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified”.